Return to Play: Important Information
All the essential information on England Hockey’s move to Stage 4 and what it means for hockey at Ealing HC.
Hockey in England has now moved to Stage 4 of the EH Return to Play Roadmap. This means that larger group sizes of up to 30 are allowed while on the pitch and that matches / gameplay and tackling are allowed. We can have more than one group at a time on the pitch!
We are pleased to announce that we have conducted a Risk Assessment, reviewed and updated our policies and put certain measures in place to ensure that we comply with England Hockey and the Government’s guidelines.
For a summary of the guidance issued by England Hockey on 7th August 2020. Full guidance may be obtained by visiting this page. It is everyone’s responsibility to ensure that they are familiar with this guidance.
There are two particularly important points we would like to draw your attention to:
1: England Hockey Participation Agreement
- All participants (players; or in the case of Colts – their parent or guardian, coaches, managers and officials) MUST complete the England Hockey Participation Agreement before being allowed to participate in any Stage 4 activity. Click here or on the link below to access the form.
- .This form will only need to be completed once. No selection to matches or participation in training will be allowed unless this is done.
- Please be aware that such activity carries with it inherent risks due to the transmissibility of Covid-19 and that by signing this agreement, you acknowledge you are aware of these risks and agree to the terms and conditions set out by England Hockey, the Government and Ealing HC’s Policies and Guidelines.
- Ealing HC reserves the right to Suspend membership who repeatedly contravene this guidance and you will be asked to leave the premises immediately.
- Positive behaviours will help to keep everyone safe.
2: Self-Assessment & Registration on Arrival at Ealing HC
- All Club users will now have to self-assess (for Covid symptoms) and register EVERY TIME they enter the premises at SHC (or attend one of our remote facilities if and when we start using these again).
- How to check-in?
This means that from 3 hours before the event and until the end of the day players and parents will be able to check-in directly from the event in their Teamo Calendar. Members simply have to go to the Calendar and select the event they are attending. Select Check-in and they will be asked to complete the self-health declaration to check-in.This will allow players to check-in to events in advance of sessions and parents will be able to check their kids in without having to get out of the car and scan the QR code to check their children in.All members should NOW be signed up to Teamo which will pre-populate fields after the first registration. You will need to register yourself and any other people accompanying you – children, guests etc.
- Non-members and visitors will have to register in this way too but will have to re-enter their details every time they arrive.
- The whole process should not take longer than about 10-15 seconds.
- This data is needed for Track and Trace reasons.
- All data is automatically deleted after 21 days to comply with GDPR rules.
- QR code FAQs are available here
We are aware that some members may be feeling anxious about coming down to the club again. Please contact your coach, manager, a member of the club committee or the Ealing HC Covid Officer (In the interim, Jeff Moores, but we need a dedicated volunteer) if you have any questions, worries or comments.
Ultimately, this is really good news and will enable our members and other club users to enjoy the lovely weather, to be outdoors, to re-engage with their friends and teammates and to start some pre-season hockey.
Welcome back to Ealing HC!